Resveratrol has several key benefits that promotes longevity and supports NAD+ metabolism that makes it a perfect synergistic match for NMN and other NAD boosting supplements.
*Resveratrol speeds up the biosynthesis and recycling of NAD+ in our bodies. It does this by up-regulating the NMNAT gene, which is a bottleneck-enzyme responsible for the production of NAD+.
* Resveratrol can also directly, though selectively, turn on our "longevity genes" called Sirtuins, such as SIRT1, mimicking some benefits of caloric restriction and promoting mitochondrial biogenesis.
*Resveratrol aids in the protection of NAD+ by suppressing inflammatory cytokines that cause the expression of ectoenzyme CD38. CD38 is the greatest destroyer of NAD+ in our bodies.
* Resveratrol is also an AMPK activator which is a fatty acid oxidation pathway normally induced by exercise and is known to be one of the most beneficial longevity pathways.
* Resveratrol is an mTOR inhibitor, which is considered another major longevity pathway. Resveratrol induces autophagy by directly inhibiting mTOR through ATP competition
* A 2016 study showed, one way in which Resveratrol promotes a healthy cardiovascular system. Is by remodeling the gut bacteria to reduce the production of TMA and subsequent TMAO. TMAO interferes with the normal removal of cholesterol from the bloodstream by blocking its conversion to bile acids in the liver.
* A recent study show resveratrol may have the ability to rejuvenate senescent cells and elongate telomeres. ” making senescent cells not only look physically younger, but start to behave more like young cells and start dividing.”
* Resveratrol promotes general health and wellness in a multifaceted way that makes it indispensable as a nutritional supplement. “Antioxidant effect of resveratrol in the cardiovascular system”
More Reference links
One weakness with resveratrol is poor bioavailability and rapid elimination from the body. The liver is extremely efficient at making resveratrol more water soluble by attaching glucuronic acid to it. This changes its physiological state, allowing it to be quickly flushed from the body. However, adding BioPerine® can help get Resveratrol pass the liver and into the bloodstream; dose dependently boosting the bioavailability more than 1500% by slowing its glucuronidation, and effectively eliminating much the problem with poor bioavailability.
BioPerine® is the patented purified form of piperine (black pepper extract) that significantly enhances the bioavailability of various supplement nutrients, including CoQ10 (31.8%), Selenium (42.6%), Vitamin C (52.3%), Beta Carotene (61.2%) as well as Resveratrol up to 1544%, as shown in the study linked below.
Resveratrol is naturally found in two chemical configurations, CIS and TRANS. Trans-Resveratrol represents the most highly absorbable form and is the one most studied and referenced by research. If you are looking to achieve some of the benefits you may have read about by using Resveratrol, then selecting Trans-Resveratrol is important because the physical shape of the molecule matters to how it binds and modifies the targeted proteins. At MAAC10, we selected the highest grade and most potent form of Resveratrol, 99% purified micron-sized Trans-Resveratrol extract, then added 10mg of BioPerine® to enhance the bioavailability. We formulated our Resveratrol to achieve superior absorption and better overall effectiveness.
Get the performance you expect from Resveratrol with MAAC10!